Appydazeblog features the best FREE educational apps – apps that teach, apps that make kids think, apps that tell great stories, apps that spark creativity.
There are thousands of apps for kids and many of them are FREE. And, there are plenty of sites that review kids’ apps. So what makes my blog unique?
- I am retired teacher/reading specialist with 30+ years of classroom experience. I have the time and the educational background to look for good children’s apps.
- I generally do not include gaming apps unless they are educational.
- I do not include apps simply because they are FREE. I honestly delete more apps than I review. If the app is featured on my blog, then I think it has merit.
- When possible, I list the Common Core State Standards met by the app.
- I try to find apps that help teachers do their jobs more easily and efficiently. I specifically look for apps that collect and report data.
- I feature apps that are not classified as “educational apps” but could be used in an educational setting. These apps help kids to work and create digitally.
So why am I writing this blog? I am trying to pay back a profession that I loved for years. And, I love technology! My goal for this year is to start including educational websites :).
Appydazeblog has a presence on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Twitter (Geo (appydazeblog) on Twitter). The best way to make sure that you don’t miss an app when it is FREE is to follow my blog by email. That way you will be notified every time I add a posting.
Whether you are a parent, grandparent, and/or teacher… I hope you find some fun, educational apps for the kids in your lives. After all, learning should be a joy!!